|Speech Technologist – 113275
West Corporation’s Interactive Services division is looking for a Speech Technologist to add to its team in Omaha, NE. The core focus of this position will be designing, developing, implementing, and tuning speech grammars and applications.
Key areas of emphasis include:
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in speech development and grammar writing as well as a working knowledge of the Nuance platform and GRXML. They will also have a basic understanding of the Speech Recognition Grammar Specification (SRGS).
So, if you’ve been waiting for an opportunity with a multi-billion dollar company that will allow you to fuse insightful thinking with disciplined execution in order to achieve breakthrough performance, then what are you waiting for? Get your application in today and let’s get started on something BIG.
Applicants for this job will be expected to meet the following minimum qualifications:
- Hands on development and maintenance of speech grammars written in GRXML, following West’s departmental development standards.
- Creating grammar implementation designs from User Interface design specification
- Working with the Interactive Voice Response (IVR) application development staff to incorporate the written grammars and to assist with testing and troubleshooting
- Providing consultative advice to clients and staff on advanced speech recognition capabilities, dialog design, and features
- Preparing a variety of reports relating to performance of speech applications
- Overseeing speech application activities ensuring functionality and usability exceeds the needs of the client by continuously reviewing the effectiveness of current procedures and striving to identify improvements to the process
- Overseeing research and directing the investigation of client issues with appropriate staff to bring issues to a resolution
- Coordinating, prioritizing, and participating in activities associated with completing assigned speech projects
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, linguistics, symbolic systems, business administration, or related field required
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Equivalent work experience in a similar position may be substituted for educational requirements
- Minimum three years software engineering experience required
- Minimum two years speech recognition required
- Minimum three years Interactive Voice Response (IVR) experience preferred
- Minimum one year voice biometrics experience preferred
- Minimum one year experience in GSL, VXML, GRXML required
- Minimum one year experience in CCXML, JAVA, CCXML, TCL , C++, HTML, ECMA, ABNF, SSML, SRGS, and SISR preferred
Does the word “communication” make you think of application design, product engineering or innovation? That’s exactly what it means to West because it takes a collaborative effort to make sure millions of people are able to connect, collaborate, and communicate via smart, personal, and empowered software solutions. Maybe you have ordered a movie via your phone, texted back and forth with a customer service rep, changed your airline ticket without speaking to an agent or received a text stating your prescription was ready. West does it all.
The Interactive Services division of West provides automated customer experience solutions to the largest and most recognized companies in the world, from the largest cable and satellite television companies, to national retailers and the pharmacy down the street. We design, build and integrate the platforms, products, and applications for those companies to engage their customers using automated phone systems, mobile messaging, push notifications, social media, and more.
Applications will be accepted through 4/27/16.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer-Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans
- Intermediate knowledge of MS office products including Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Outlook required
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred